→ Click here for forms and helpful information ←


Beautiful parks, reserves and waterways, thriving towns, markets and events – and some seriously good wine and food. All this is on our doorstep in Strathbogie Shire – it’s why our region is such a great place to live. Wherever you look, you’ll see your rates at work to make Strathbogie Shire a better place to live now and into the future.

What your rates are paying for:

Councillors adopted the final 2022/23 Budget at the Council Meeting on Tuesday, June 21, 2022. There are 13 community-led projects included through the Pitch My Project initiative.

Council took a proactive approach to our budget development – creating series of opportunities for our community to pitch us project ideas.

We’re excited the 2022/23 Budget includes new projects such as a Shire-wide Playground Master Plan, incorporating design of a nature play space in Euroa,  Strathbogie Memorial Hall roof works, funding toward a public art installation and more.

Council had also increased the overall budget for the Community Grant and the Community Events streams by $60,000.

Our 2022/23 Budget provides for an operating expenditure of $32.28 million to fund services.

Application for Pension Concession

To be eligible for the concession you must be:

  • The owner or occupant who is responsible for the payment of the rates and charges;
  • Be an eligible concession card holder;
  • The property is the owner or occupant’s sole or principal place of residence
  • Eligible Concession Cards include:
    • Current Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) Pension Concession card.
    • DVA Gold card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).
    • DVA Gold card – War Widow (WW)
      Please note: Health Care Card holders are not eligible.

An application form can be obtained by contacting Customer Service on 1800 065 993 or downloading the form below. You must then submit the form via email at info@strathbogie.vic.gov.au; post to Strathbogie Shire Council, PO Box 177 Euroa Vic 3666 or; drop in to Council’s Customer Service Team.

For further information on concessions please visit the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing website at https://services.dffh.vic.gov.au/concessions-and-benefits

You can also find further information about the Municipal Rates Concession at this link https://services.dffh.vic.gov.au/municipal-rates-concession

Single Farm Enterprise

If you own more than one farm property within Victoria and have not already applied for a Single Farm Enterprise, contact the Rate team on 1800 065 993.

Farming Differential

Usually, if a property is under 40ha, the ‘General Levy’ is applied to the property. If your property is under 40ha, is being used for farming and is earning an income, you can apply via change the property’s rate levy to ‘Farming Less than 40ha’.

Forms and helpful information: