Beautiful parks, reserves and waterways, thriving towns, markets and events – and some seriously good wine and food. All this is on our doorstep in Strathbogie Shire – it’s why our region is such a great place to live. Wherever you look, you’ll see your rates at work to make Strathbogie Shire a better place to live now and into the future.
What your rates are paying for:
The 2021-2022 Strathbogie Shire Council Budget outlines the projects we will be working on but here are some of the main points:
- A capital works program that focuses on crucial projects
- Expenditure for our usual important services such as libraries, waste management, maintenance of roads, parks and gardens, animal management, maternal and child health, swimming pools and the arts and culture
- More than 10 new exciting community-ran projects have been included to reflect submissions through the Pitch My Project initiative
Application for Pension Concession
To be eligible for the concession you must be:
- The owner or occupant who is responsible for the payment of the rates and charges;
- Be an eligible concession card holder;
- The property is the owner or occupant’s sole or principal place of residence
- Eligible Concession Cards include:
- Current Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) Pension Concession card.
- DVA Gold card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).
- DVA Gold card – War Widow (WW)
Please note: Health Care Card holders are not eligible.
An application form can be obtained by contacting Customer Service on 1800 065 993 or downloading the form below. You must then submit the form via email at email@example.com; post to Strathbogie Shire Council, PO Box 177 Euroa Vic 3666 or; drop in to Council’s Customer Service Team.
For further information on concessions please visit the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing website at https://services.dffh.vic.gov.au/concessions-and-benefits
You can also find further information about the Municipal Rates Concession at this link https://services.dffh.vic.gov.au/municipal-rates-concession
Single Farm Enterprise
For ratepayers with multiple farm properties operating as one business, regardless of which municipality the properties fall in, you can apply to be recognised as a Single Farm Enterprise (SFE). Visit your closest Council offices to collect and complete a form, nominating your principal place of residence as the property to pay all relevant levies against; all other farm properties listed as part of the SFE will only be required to pay the variable Fire Services Property Levy.
Usually, if a property is under 40ha, the ‘General Levy’ is applied to the property. If your property is under 40ha, is being used for farming and is earning an income, you can apply via change the property’s rate levy to ‘Farming Less than 40ha’.
EXCHANGE OF LAND BY THE STRATHBOGIE SHIRE COUNCIL
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 181 of the Local Government Act 1989 (Victoria) and pursuant to section 114 of the Local Government Act 2020 (Victoria) of the Council’s intention to sell:
- 38 Elizabeth Street, Euroa, Victoria, 3666 being all that piece of land contained in lot 39 on Plan of Subdivision 51944, Certificate of Title Volume 09604, Folio 150.
Should any person be affected by, or otherwise wish to be heard in respect to, the Council’s proposed sale of land in this matter, you are requested to contact Leanne Waters on 1800 065 993.
Forms and helpful information:
- Building and Planning
- Business Support
- Emergency Preparedness
- Public Health and Wellbeing
- Roads and Grading