Am I eligible for a pensioner concession?
  • If you live in a Strathbogie property and hold one of the below concession cards, then you can apply for a rebate.

Eligible concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by the Australian Government, Department of Health and Human Services (formerly Centrelink)
  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
  • DVA Gold Repatriation Health Card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
  • DVA Gold Repatriation Health Card – For all conditions – War Widow/ Widower (WW)
  • Note: the address on your card must match the address listed on your rates and be your primary place of residence.

Ineligible concession cards

  • Health Care Card issued by Australia Government, Department of Health and Human Services (formerly Centrelink)
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card issued by Australia Government, Department of Health and Human Services (formerly Centrelink)
How do I apply for a pension concession?

An application form must be submitted to Council which can be downloaded here or obtained from contacting our Customer Service team on 1800 065 993.

You can submit your completed form by posting it to PO Box 177, Euroa VIC 3666,

Email to, OR

Drop it in to either Customer Service desks at:
Euroa Main Office – 109A Binney Street; OR
Nagambie Office – 293 High Street

How can I receive my rate notice via email?

Sign up to receive your rate notices by email in four easy steps and never lose a copy of your rate notice again. You can also access previous rate notices from within the portal.

  • Step 1: Head to the eNotices sign-up page
  • Step 2: Enter your email address and eNotices reference number (which can be found in the payment section of your last rate notice).
  • Step 3: Check your email inbox and click on the validation link
  • Step 4: Enter a password and mobile number
    If you have any trouble with this process, please contact us on 1800 065 993 or via email to
What do I do if I am having trouble paying my rates?

We understand things can get tough sometimes. If you are having trouble paying your rates, please contact our Rates Department on 1800 065 993 to talk through some options with you.

Payment arrangements can be made to suit your budget.

How do I update my details?

To update your contact details on your rate notice please complete our online form.

Alternatively, you can download, print, and complete our hardcopy form and return to us via the following methods:

Email –
Post – PO Box 177, Euroa VIC 3666
In person at either Customer Service desk

Euroa Main Office – 109A Binney Street; or
Nagambie – 293 High Street

How are the rates determined?

Each council takes the total rate revenue to be collected and divides it by the total value of all properties in its municipality to calculate the rate in the dollar.

This ensures councils do not receive more money when property values rise. The rate in the dollar is then multiplied by the market value of each property to ensure each ratepayer contributes a fair share.

What do the valuations on my notice mean?

Capital Improved Value (CIV): CIV is the total market value of the property including land and all improvements

Site Value (SV): SV is the value of the land only (assuming vacant land with no buildings). These valuations may be used by other authorities for the purpose of a rate or tax.

Net Annual Value (NAV): NAV is relevant for non-residential properties, commercial, tenanted or investment properties. NAV for residential properties is about five per cent of the capital improved value.

What is rate capping?

Rate capping is a limit set by the Victorian Government on how much Councils can increase rates each year.

What is the kerbside waste charge?

This is a compulsory charge for dwellings within townships and by application for other properties that have requested these services where they are available. The charges are shown on your rate notice as a separate levy to rates.

These service charges are set each year by Council to cover the cost of collecting and disposing of garbage, recycling and organic material within defined collection areas in the Shire.

Fun Fact: our Council as one of the highest diversion rates from landfill with more than 70 per cent of waste being diverted into organics and recycling processing.
Council offers its residents a weekly organic waste (food and garden waste) collection service and a fortnightly landfill waste (rubbish) and recycling collection service.
For properties that receive a waste collection service you must have all three bins.

These bins remain the property of Council and must remain at the property address they are allocated to.

If your bin is broken, damaged or stolen please email us at or phone us on 1800 065 993 and we can have it replaced for you.

What is the Fire Services Levy?

As part of your rates, we collect the Fire Services Levy on behalf of the Victorian State Government.

You can learn more at the State Revenue Office website.

Can I object to my rate/valuation?

If you have queries or concerns regarding your rates calculations, we encourage you to phone us on 1800 065 993 or email

Property valuations are conducted by representatives of the Valuer General’s Department and are conducted each year. An objection to the valuation of your property can be submitted within 60 days of issue of your rate notice.

This can be done online via the Valuer General Victoria online portal or by completing a form and returning it to Council within the specified timeframe.

Please note that rate payments must be paid as they appear on the notice until a decision has been made in relation to the objection to avoid any penalty interest.

Why are my rates different in other municipalities?

Different municipalities require different levels of funding for services.
Find out more about how we compare to other regions at Know Your Council.