The Smalltalk supported playgroups provide a place for you and your child to play and socialise with others, supported by an early childhood professional. They are free, provide a healthy morning tea and are offered across the Shire.
Supported playgroup programs are for eligible families (see enrolment criteria below) attending with a child(ren) aged 0 to school age. Delivered over 10 weeks, they provide tips and strategies to support your child’s learning in a fun and relaxed way.
The playgroups also a great way to meet other families with children in your area!
The program is offered during school terms in:
- Avenel – Monday, 10am to noon | Uniting Church building, 10 Queen St
- Nagambie – Tuesday, 10am to noon | Nagambie Lakes Community House, 363 High St
- Euroa – Wednesday, 10am to noon | Euroa Primary Schoolhouse, Clifton St
To enrol families must meet at least one of these criteria:
- Holder of Health Care Card or equivalent
- Identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Caring for children in kinship (out of home care)
- Children referred by Child First or Child Protection
- Families enrolled in enhanced Maternal and Child Health Services
- Some families may qualify under social isolation, or for in-home support either separate to, or in addition to supported playgroup.
Facilitator: Candy Wunsch | Phone: 0459 792 939 | Email: email@example.com
There are several community playgroups operating within the Strathbogie Shire. To search for a play group near you please visit the Playgroup Victoria website: www.playgroup.org.au/find/