Strathbogie Shire Council is one of the largest employers in the area, offering a diverse range of roles both within our outdoor operational team and indoor staff. If you are interested in taking on a career with Strathbogie Shire Council, view the list of vacancies below and follow the instructions to apply.
Our Council is a vibrant and progressive rural municipality located within two hours from the Melbourne CBD along the Hume Freeway. The Shire is in immediate proximity to major regional towns Seymour, Shepparton, Wangaratta and Benalla which offer all of the facilities, retail and entertainment opportunities you would find in a capital city – but with the peaceful country atmosphere.
Why you will love working at Strathbogie Shire Council….
- We understand the need for flexibility and can offer:
- Hybrid working arrangements – up to 40% working from home
- Option for working more hours over less days (e.g., 9-day fortnight)
- Negotiated start and finish times
- We have generous leave entitlements including:
- 3 additional days of Family Care Leave per year to support caring requirements
- 3 days paid leave during Christmas closure
- Long service leave available pro rata after five years, and transferable across local government organisations
- Up to 10 days unpaid leave per year for Cultural and Ceremonial Leave
- Up to 20 days of paid Family Violence Leave annually
- Parental Leave – 16 weeks of paid leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer, with option to be taken a half pay
- We value your health and wellbeing and offer:
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Income Protection Scheme for all employees
- Weekly onsite visits for treatment of soft tissue injuries
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Access to Local Government Employees Health Plan
- We encourage professional development and learning opportunities including:
- Support to study with a repayment plan via payroll deductions
- Access to study leave
- On the job training
- And the bonuses:
- Annual pay increases in line with our Enterprise Agreement
- 17.5% Leave Loading paid annually as a lump sum ‘Christmas bonus’
- Recognition awards for years of service
Strathbogie Shire Council has many dedicated volunteers who contribute hours of valuable work for our organisation every year. Through volunteering with Council, you can bring your skills and passions to meaningful roles that have a clear and positive benefit to the community. Volunteering is also a great way to learn new skills, develop new friendships, and feel a part of your community.
Euroa Community Cinema
The Euroa Community Cinema volunteers perform a wide range of roles to deliver a vibrant, diverse and entertaining cinema program to the community – plus, cinema volunteers get in free to watch the movie screening when on duty.
Nagambie Lakes Visitor Information Centre & Euroa Hub Tourist and Resident Information
The Visitor Information Centres (VICs) provide a valuable service for both residents and visitors to the Shire. Volunteers are the first point of contact for visitors and assist them by answering a range of queries such as the location of butchers, mechanics, caravan repairers, restaurants and supermarkets.
They give guidance on the region’s attractions, things to see and do, directions around the district, accommodation, conference venues, retailers as well as information about Victoria. The centres also have a calendar of events which is useful when planning an event, or even a wedding.
Volunteering at the centres is perfect for those who have a passion for their region
Various Working Groups
Keep an eye on our online engagement platform www.share.strathbogie.vic.gov.au for opportunities throughout the year to join various working groups. There is always an opportunity to stay engaged in Council’s projects through this platform.
Closing date: December 6, 2023
Closing date: December 6, 2023
Closing date: November 30, 2023