If your property is not connected, and cannot reasonably connect, to a reticulated sewerage network, you must have an onsite disposal system if you are generating wastewater.
A domestic wastewater system (also known as a septic system) refers to any system for the bacterial, biological, chemical or physical treatment of sewage.
New wastewater systems require a permit from Council to install before any works can commence.
Before you apply
Your property will need to be evaluated by a qualified land capability assessor to determine the capability of your land to sustain a wastewater system. Unless Council advises it is not required, an assessor is required to prepare a land capability assessment report to provide with your application.
How to apply
Please complete the application form to install a new septic system or alter an existing one. A list of the required supporting documentation is included on the form.
Submit your application
You can submit your application by the following methods:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to PO Box 177, Euroa Victoria 3666
- In person at either customer service centre
- Euroa – 109A Binney Street
- Nagambie – 293 High Street
Please note a fee is also payable when submitting your application. This can be paid in person at either Customer service centres or by calling us on 1800 065 993.
File Retrieval Request
To complete a File Retrieval Request form, click here.
- Installation of new septic system: $777.20
- Alteration of existing septic system: $592.30
- Additional assessment cost exceeding 8.2hrs: $97.30
What happens next?
- Once your application and payment have been submitted, we will make an assessment.
- We will contact you within 42 days to inform you of the outcome of your application or if we require any further information/clarification.
- Once finalised and, if approved, a permit to install or alter your system will be issued to you.