If your property is not connected, and cannot reasonably connect, to a reticulated sewerage network, you must have an onsite disposal system if you are generating wastewater.
A domestic wastewater system (also known as a septic system) refers to any system for the bacterial, biological, chemical or physical treatment of sewage.
New wastewater systems require a permit from Council to install before any works can commence.
Before you apply
Your property will need to be evaluated by a qualified land capability assessor to determine the capability of your land to sustain a wastewater system. Unless Council advises it is not required, an assessor is required to prepare a land capability assessment report to provide with your application.
How to apply
Please complete the application form to install a new septic system or alter an existing one. A list of the required supporting documentation is included on the form.
Submit your application
You can submit your application by the following methods:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to PO Box 177, Euroa Victoria 3666
- In person at either customer service centre
- Euroa – 109A Binney Street
- Nagambie – 293 High Street
Please note a fee is also payable when submitting your application. This can be paid in person at either Customer service centres or by calling us on 1800 065 993.
- Installation of new septic system: $734.70
- Alteration of existing septic system: $560
- Additional inspections: $127
What happens next?
- Once your application and payment have been submitted, we will make an assessment.
- We will contact you within 42 days to inform you of the outcome of your application or if we require any further information/clarification.
- Once finalised and, if approved, a permit to install or alter your system will be issued to you.