Strathbogie Shire Council

Tel 24/7: 1800 065 993

Footpath Trading

Trading from a road

Under clause 18 of Community Local Law No. 6, a permit is required to sell goods or services from a roadside within Strathbogie shire. 

To apply for a permit complete the application to trade from a roadand return with payment to Council, 109A Binney St or PO Box 177 Euroa 3666.  Please allow at least 2 weeks for processing of your application.


Using a footpath for commercial activities

Under clause 19 of Community Local Law No. 6 a permit is required to use any footpath over 2.5m wide for commercial activities. 

Activities include the placement of advertising signs, goods on display and tables and chairs (only for premises that are registered under the Public Health & Wellbeing Act 2008 to serve food/drink), as well as temporary stalls and fundraising. 

No activities are permitted on footpaths less than 2.5m wide in order to maintain unobstructed footway for pedestrian access.

For more information or to apply for a permit, download our Trading Guidelines and the Footpath Trading Permit Application Form or contact Council on 1800 065 993.



Under clause 21 of Comunity Local Law No. 6, a person must not busk on any Council road or land without a permit.

Please use the Footpath Trading permit application form above to apply, or contact Council on 1800 065 993.


Featured Links

Top of Page