The Sponsorship Program provides funding opportunities for events that focus on priorities for the Strathbogie Shire Council. An annual program of events within the Shire contributes to our communities’ social health, assists to raise awareness of the destination to identified markets, provides an economic benefit to local businesses and directly assists to increase the average length of stay of visitors. Strathbogie Shire Council is open to supporting opportunities to attract or develop an event with regional and state significance, relevant to available resources.
Applications are sought for events that:
- Promote community engagement and participation.
- Support gender equality and social inclusion and improve accessibility.
- Contribute to building healthy and vibrant communities.
- Increase economic development, tourism and the visitor economy.
Before you start the Sponsorship application, you may need include the following items:
- Event Application Form which includes your certificate of Currency for Public Liablity Insurance ($20Million), Risk Assessment, and any other required documentation. Event Application timeframes can be found in the Event Policy.
- Completion of acquittal for any previous Council Funding (if applicable)
- ABN for auscpicing organisation
- Letters verifying partnerships (if applicable)
- Letter of Support
- Bank Account details
- Items for budget (include quotations, if possible); the budget must balance
The 2022/23 Strathbogie Shire Council Sponsorship Program is open for events in Strathbogie Shire taking place before 30 June 2023. Review the eligibility criteria listed in the Sponsorship Guidelines for further information.