Council's Building Department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Building Act 1993 and the Building Regulations 2006. In the interest of public health and safety, and to maintain the integrity of private and individual investments, a building permit may be required before construction commences.
Strathbogie Shire Council Building Department provide a comprehensive range of professional Building Permit Services and advice including:
- Council Report & Consent
- Essential Safety Measures
- Owner Builder
- Plan Certification, Building Reports
- Enforcement and Compliance with Building Legislation
Other services offered by Council’s Building Services included:
- The supply of old copies of approved plans.
- The supply of required information to both Solicitors and Conveyancing agents on property transfers
- The supply of required information to both Developers and Private Building Surveyors.
- Comprehensive advice on the provisions of the Building Act 1993, Building Code of Australia and the Building Regulations 2006 and Amendment 2009.
- Advice and assistance to property owners and managers on Essential Safety Measures for commercial buildings
- Enforcement for compliance with Building Legislation on illegal building works.
- Council investigates a wide range of building related matters. Some matters may proceed to enforcement.
- The assessment and approval of variations to siting provisions of the Building Regulations 2006