Tuesday, April 18, 2017
The search is on for individuals, businesses and community groups that are making a difference in our local community through the annual Victorian Regional Achievement & Community Awards.
Strathbogie Shire Mayor Amanda McClaren invites all residents to consider nominating an individual, business or group that is helping to reshape and inspire our community.
"If you know someone that has provided support and made a real difference in your life, why not give them a pat on the back and nominate them for an award," she said.
"It would be great for our community contributors to be showcased in these Awards."
Nominations are now open in the following categories:
• Regional Development Victoria Business Achievement Award
• Regional Development Victoria Leadership and Innovation Award
• Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
• Life Activities Clubs Victoria and Henry Carus & Associates Senior Achievement Award
• Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
• Parks Victoria Environmental Sustainability Award
• WorkSafe Victoria Regional Safety Award
• South West TAFE and Deakin University South West Regional Achiever Award
• Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award
• Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Diversity and Inclusion Award
Category winners will each receive $2,000 into an account in their name from the Bank of Melbourne or an airtime package on PRIME7.
Nominations close Wednesday 12th July 2017.
Nomination enquiry brochures are available from the electorate office.
To make a nomination, simply head to www.awardsaustralia.com and select Victorian Regional Achievement and Community Awards, then "Nominate Now."
Strathbogie Shire Council welcomes feedback from its residents and will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible.
If you would like to keep in contact with Council and stay up to date with the latest Council news, please register your details here.