Monday, April 3rd, 2017
Strathbogie Shire’s night of nights is on again this year where local businesses are acknowledged over their achievements in recent years.
The 2017 Strathbogie Shire Business Awards will be held on Friday, September 1, the event aimed at creating a basis to support and encourage business development, improvement and diversity, and to help boost the region’s economic development.
Run in conjunction with Business Euroa, Nagambie Lakes Tourism and Commerce and Strathbogie Shire Council, the event is not just about ‘the best businesses’ – it’s also a great networking opportunity for business representatives, from all walks of life, to get together to hopefully work together in the future.
Nominations are now open for the seven Business Award categories, which are:
• Employee Recognition Award – recognises employee excellence and those that go above and beyond the call of duty. The employee must be currently employed by the business and have worked for the same business for the past six months. Open to all industries.
• New Business of the Year Award – recognises innovation and determination required to start and grow a new business. Open to all businesses established (or purchased) in the Shire within the past two years.
• Tourism Excellence Award – recognises ongoing effort required to attract visitors to the Shire. It includes events/festivals, quality accommodation, tourist attractions and/or food and beverage services.
• Service Excellence Award – recognises businesses that deliver outstanding customer service. Judged by a secret shopper.
• Micro Business Excellence Award – recognises business excellence in delivering quality products and services to our community and beyond. Open to businesses employing 1-5 people.
• Medium Business Excellence Award – recognises progression, determination, teamwork, resilience and sustainability of the area’s businesses. Open to businesses employing 6-20 people.
• Large Business Excellence Award – open to businesses employing 21 or more people. Open to all industries.
Strathbogie Shire Mayor Amanda McClaren said absolutely anyone can nominate any business in the Shire region and businesses can self-nominate – completing a nomination form is quick and easy!
"There is an online nomination form on www.euroa.org.au/business-awards or a PDF form can be downloaded from the same website," she said.
"Forms are also available from the Euroa Hub, Nagambie Visitor Information Centre and Council Office in Euroa.
"The judges are independent and do not have any business interest in the Strathbogie Shire region."
The event is also looking for sponsors, with several packages available, ranging from $100 to $3000 for the major package (this can also be viewed at www.euroa.org.au/business-awards.)
Click here to download the award nomination form.
The Strathbogie Shire Business Awards venue will be announced at a later date.
Organisers, winners and runners-up of the 2015 Strathbogie Shire Business Awards. This year will be the third awards event and will take place every two years, with a Business Dinner taking place every other year.